Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Hi everyone!  Happy 2015!  I hope everyone is as excited as I am for this new year, I'm looking forward to so many things!  2014 was filled with so many blessings- being in an amazing relationship with the love of my life, graduating college, completing student teaching, my senior art exhibition, teaching some of my most favorite kids at the Boys and Girls Club all summer, traveling, participating in my first craft fair, enjoying friendships with some of the best of friends and my wonderful family, and much, much more! Thanks to all of you who have had an impact on my life this year, I am beyond thankful! 


I learned how to make fabulous lace dreamcatchers this summer from an amazing mixed-media artist (thanks again!) with a few of my sweet friends.  What a fun girls night!  I decided that making some more dreamcatchers would be the perfect way to bring in the new year, as I am filled with so many dreams and goals for 2015!  Here's a few images of my dreamcatchers and some of the supplies I use to create them:





Supplies needed: embroidery hoops, a hot glue gun, doilies, lace trim, fabric (to cut into long strips), ribbons and textured strings, feathers, beads, and anything else you'd like to add! The more, the merrier! 

I like to layer things onto my dreamcatchers, similar to how I layer while painting, too!  Un-matching fabric and ribbons end up looking great together in the end as a whole, no worries! 



The image (above) is the my most recent dreamcatcher and (below) is the one I created this summer!  These are so addicting to make, I just know I'll be busy working on more soon.


While working on my dreamcatcher, I decided it'd also be the perfect time to write down my 2015 goals and "dreams:" 
pray more
make prints of paintings (to sell!)
paint more
open an online shop
create a professional website
show my work in at least 1 gallery and/or art fair
teach! 
and love more :) 
I always have lots of goals, but these seemed most relevant and prominent to me to start the new year off with!  It's going to be a great year, that's for sure!  I am so blessed.


And here's a New Year's collage to add to the fun:


Hope you all have enjoyed this post and are having a great start to 2015! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're enjoying my blog! Thank you so much for your feedback, encouragement, and support!