Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sharing the Love!

Good morning sunshines!  Today I thought I'd share with you all one of my favorite blogs.  I enjoy researching other artists and finding inspiration through their daily blogs and most recent art.

The first blog I ever began following about two years ago features the artwork of mixed-media artist Mae Chevrette.  While taking a mixed media course at Brevard College, I discovered her nature and travel themed paintings that are all just full of so much life and history (she uses vintage postage stamps, sheet music, maps, letters and more!)  Through her blog, she shares photos from her travels as well as from her studio.

I personally bought a print "Need the Sea" from her etsy shop and just love all the rich layers of paper, photos, and words that she works with to create such intricate compositions. This print hangs in my room and continues to serve as daily inspiration for my own artwork.  I hope you all will find her artwork and blog as inspiring as I do! Enjoy :)

http://togointotheworld.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're enjoying my blog! Thank you so much for your feedback, encouragement, and support!